According to statistics, in the last decade of the 20th century, about half of men between the ages of 15 and 54 died from alcoholism. In other words, vodka, beer and other alcoholic beverages destroyed thousands of people at the best of times who did not have the strength to say "I want to quit drinking. "
This article is for those who are looking for advice on how to stop drinking if you decide to radically change your life.
Symptoms of alcoholism
Alcoholic beverages are a traditional companion to any meal. Often, young people start drinking on holidays, copying their parents' behavior, then getting used to drinking on weekends, and not knowing how to stop drinking every day for a few years. But even then, not everyone is in a hurry to admit that they are addicted to green snakes. They say that everyone drinks, and I - like everyone else. Narcologists can help you look at your addiction differently by identifying the main symptoms of alcohol dependence.
- Alcohol cravings. It seems that a person drinks alcohol only if there is a good reason. But over time, the list of events to be celebrated on beer is complemented by World Cats' Day, Zimbabwe's Independence Day, which is the end of the working day.
- Increase the dose of alcohol taken. It stops when a person feels drunk at the beginning of their alcohol career. The development of addiction is evidenced by intoxication.
- Absence of the body's immune response. The body, which wants to get rid of toxins as soon as possible, reacts to alcohol intoxication by vomiting. If this does not happen, it is a bad sign, even if you drink a lot of alcohol.
- Immunity. You need more alcohol and stronger alcohol to get drunk.
- Rape. The alarm goes off, the drinker becomes aggressive instead of cheerful and constantly creates situations of conflict.
If you drink alcohol too often and see yourself above, it's time to learn what to do to stop drinking.
The beginning of the fight against alcoholism
People with the first stage of alcoholism can quit drinking completely without help when the body is still not in great need of ethanol. For this, of course, you will need will, great patience and attention to the results. It is almost impossible for those who are addicted not only psychologically but also physically to cope with the problem alone. In such a situation, an alcoholic should not neglect the help of loved ones, it is worth giving a direct request: "Help me not to stop drinking. "Experts advise to start a sober lifestyle by changing the circle of friends. The best companions and helpers for people who stop drinking are:
- non-drinking family members and friends;
- people who drink but are able to seduce;
- specialists in the field of psychology.
If you do not exclude your old drinking companions from your close friends, the "I want to quit drinking" decision will not be successful. To do this, you even have to take radical steps: change your place of work / study, move to another city, leave your drinking partner.
The right way out of food
Drinking is considered a serious manifestation of alcoholism. Many addicts drink for days, weeks, or months. It is important to understand that under the influence of alcohol toxins, the body weakens and alcohol is replaced by happiness, food and other important things. You need to know how to quit drinking properly, especially after a long drink. If you suddenly give up ethanol-containing drinks, it is fraught with physiological and mental disorders. After an alcoholic is eliminated from alcohol, they wait:
- attacks of fear and anxiety;
- increased blood pressure;
- nausea and vomiting;
- vibrating limbs.
It also increases the risk of internal bleeding, heart attack, stroke and delirium tremens. If you have health problems, it is better to consult a doctor before quitting drinking and gather the necessary means to get rid of alcohol. Before the appointed day, it is recommended to go to bed earlier by drinking mint or balsamic tea, not vodka, before going to bed.
How to stop drinking at home? We present the recommendations of doctors in this regard.
- After waking up, you should drink plenty of fluids throughout the day: still mineral water, salt water, compotes, fruit drinks, herbal teas and decoctions, ordinary tea with honey and lemon.
- Sorbents or ordinary activated carbon should be used for the fastest removal of toxins.
- You should take medications recommended by your doctor or pharmacist to support your liver.
- With a sharp deterioration in health is allowed to use 50 g of vodka, but diluted in a glass of plain water.
There is only one answer to the question of "how fast to quit drinking" by drunkards - no way. Getting out of a drunken state can take about a week. After that, you should continue to cleanse the body, start a course of treatment to reduce the desire to drink, and work on changing your life priorities.
It is easier to cope with addiction for those who have the willpower and special training for complex actions. It is now possible to buy such drugs on the Internet, and their reception is carried out without a doctor's prescription in accordance with the instructions.
Answers to popular questions
1. How to stop drinking folk remedies?
The most common folk methods of stopping drinking: decoction of carrots and bay leaves, infusion of thyme, decoction of European cabbage, decoction of pupae.
It is important! There are also contraindications to herbal medicines, consult a specialist before starting herbal treatment.
2. How can you stop drinking vodka?
It is important to understand why you drink. Destroying health and life is often not worth it. Then you can choose any way to fight the disease: coding, traditional medicine, lessons based on the books of psychotherapists. The main thing is that you sincerely want to cope with the disease and make every effort.
3. Is it possible to quit drinking in the third stage of alcoholism?
Although inexperienced drunkards can be cured at home, experienced drunkards cannot be cured. What to do in this situation? Seek the help of experienced narcologists and psychotherapists.
4. How can you force yourself to stop drinking?
It is important to understand that the euphoria experienced by an alcoholic is a false one. After a short period of happiness, an insomnia begins, and as the days go by, he seeks a cure for the disease. When you drink alcohol, the cells of your liver, brain and other vital organs die inside you. Think about what you can do instead of hugging a glass.
5. Is it possible to quit drinking without a strong desire?
A person's vigilance is the most important component of the fight against alcoholism. The patient will not be able to code for a long time, even if his relatives bring him to the clinic, until he begins to move, to seek treatment, to follow a sober way of life through "I can not". . Let him help me stop drinking alcohol, but if he doesn't do anything about it, he can't waste his time and energy.
6. If you are not yet an alcoholic, how can you stop drinking?
For people who do not drink often, but want to give up alcohol completely, it is easier than alcoholics. When we meet friends, on holidays and parties, we often drink, respecting the established tradition. Where to start to give up alcohol? Just don't drink without fear of hurting anyone, it's your decision and your health. Do not join such companies if the person who quits drinking is insulted.