Living with alcohol is far from what girls dream about on their wedding day. It is hard to imagine that someone would voluntarily live happily with a person who is addicted to alcohol, tolerate aggression or life complaints, clean up, take care of themselves, and feel disgust and shame for their neighbors, colleagues, friends, and behavior. relativesIt is not surprising that an alcoholic's marriage will fall apart if nothing can force him to overcome his desire to drink. Nevertheless, there are courageous women who fight to the end for their families and take various measures against drunks with the same goal - drunken drinks to prevent their husbands from drinking, to avoid confusing their lives (both of themselves and their relatives) with an addiction.
The first thing to do is try to convince him. The desire to drink can be easily stopped by finding support from the family, if it is related to problems outside the family - work, career, friends, and alcoholism.
A constructive dialogue should be started only after careful preparation and following certain rules:
- You can't talk to a person until you get back to an adequate situation and understand the reasonable arguments;
- Don't try to satisfy an alcoholic while living their "tastes";
- It is not desirable to cause pity or, conversely, to create scandals for a person who drinks (even in a sober state), in most cases attention is required;
- You can threaten a drunk, but it is important to prepare for this threat;
- Before starting a conversation, it is advisable to consult a narcologist so that an alcoholic can go to the clinic for treatment immediately if he has such a desire.
If a wife can prove that she needs to ask her husband for help, at least try to change his life, this man will have a chance. This can also be helped by compiling a so-called "motivation list. "You can work together to find several reasons why getting rid of alcoholism is not only easy but also beneficial. For example:
- gain the respect of your children;
- Save money on a big purchase or vacation trip in a month;
- Instead of getting drunk, start learning something new or building a career.
Each person's reasons may be individual. You can motivate for a hobby, for example, playing sports or being interested in a car in the garage, the most important thing is to devote all your free time to it and not drink, or not to be in bad company. You may need the help of a psychotherapist.
When persuasion goes unanswered
Conversations, judgments, pleas - in most cases, this is not enough to awaken the conscience.In very rare cases, it is possible to prove that the lifestyle of the drinker is destructive, because even if he believes it, he may not be strong enough to fight alcoholism. Instead, the best remedy is traditional medicine and folk remedies.
Industrial pharmacological drugs are designed to create a feeling of abstinence from alcohol in a drinker, who may hate drinking, appearance, taste and smell. It is enough to mix a similar medicine with an alcoholic, add it to food or add a drink, and if you drink vodka or even beer in addition, you will immediately feel bad. Drugs with such an effect contain an active substance (or disulfiram or cyanamide) that interferes with the normal processing of ethyl alcohol, causing the accumulation of metabolic products in the blood and resulting in persistent intoxication and hangover symptoms. And a person who has been sick at least once after alcohol poisoning will abstain from alcohol for a long time. If you add a drug similar to a drunk (Esperal tablets, Kolme drops and analogues), you can think twice before taking another dose of alcohol.
Once the medication starts, another attempt can be made to convince the alcoholic to start treatment by explaining the benefits of treatment at a drug treatment clinic:
- constant monitoring of health status;
- psychological support, which is especially important for the prevention of relapse;
- Qualified assistance in the rehabilitation of internal organs damaged as a result of alcohol abuse.
Treatment in a hospital under the supervision of a narcologist is the best alcohol treatment, which is practically unsuccessful.
Alternative anti-alcohol drugs are more adept at stopping sick people from drinking. Traditional methods suggest the preparation of mixtures and infusions prepared in a manner similar to official medicines, talking about completely original treatments:
- green insects - you can add 4 insects to a glass of alcohol to cause an unpleasant odor and taste and therefore avoid alcohol itself;
- pepper - you can give a person a drink with the help of tincture (3 drops per 1 liter of alcohol) made from hot red pepper (crushed, 20 g), filled with alcohol (500 ml) and brewed for two weeks;
- birch smoke - you can ask a smoker to breathe in birch and then offer alcohol, after which you will feel a strong hatred for alcoholic products.
It is important to understand that treatment should be carried out with extreme caution, even with traditional, folk methods, without the supervision of a specialist, otherwise a person may have serious health problems, not just aversion to alcohol and a desire to stop drinking.
The last stage of the struggle
When all methods of struggle are exhausted, there is only one last resort: to threaten her husband with divorce if he does not stop drinking. It is also important for a drunken wife:
- Be prepared to carry out your threat without too many warnings (1-2 times will suffice);
- to leave her husband wholeheartedly, not to arouse mercy and to force him to ask for forgiveness;
- not believing in promises, covenants and tears;
- Get to work quickly and quickly - if the house belongs to a drinking husband, you should take out your belongings in his absence and spend some time with the children;
- Do not return to a drunk unless you prove that you have started treatment.
If this is not the first time you have left and returned, you should not return to your alcoholic husband: sooner or later he will realize that no matter how drunk his wife is, he will not be able to leave her.
Getting rid of alcohol at home, not allowing alcohol to play an important role at the party, "away" unreliable friends at home. . . It's easier to do all this than to "poison" your spouse with drugs that make you feel disgusted with ethyl alcohol. A positive example is a good reason for no one in the family to drink.